Luxembourg Games and Interactive Digital Media Association (GIDiMA) launched in May 2019 by key professionals of the sector working in the country aims to become a unique platform representing the interest of this specific community in the country by bringing together professionals, companies, investors, and public operators to work on the common needs of the fast-growing industry of games and interactive media in Luxembourg.
GIDiMA calls every actor of the sector to join the association and actively be part of it.
To boost the sector and help Luxembourg to be part of the leading countries in the game and interactive media development.
GIDiMA is proposing:
- To build-up a unique bespoke ecosystem federating the Luxembourgish game and interactive digital media community ;
- To support its members by providing a sector-oriented network allowing them to exchange information, find innovative solutions and have a unique voice in public arenas;
- To provide regular audits of the existing game and interactive digital media landscape in Luxembourg supporting its members’ development and inspiring policy-makers;
- To map best practices to benchmark other successful strategies and policies in game and interactive media development and to adapt these to the national context;
- To play a key role supporting national authorities in developing the sector, giving structured feedback, proposing improvements and developing sector-approached solutions.
GIDiMA is keen to achieve its objectives by adopting a grass-root / bottom-up approach,
working in partnership with all relevant public and private organisations.
The association would like to bring together as many actors as possible in order to have the broadest representation of the community. GIDiMA remains open to all individuals and organisations sharing this vision.
A website will soon be launched in which on-line subscription will be available. The association has been created by a group of experienced professionals active in the game and interactive media sector in Luxembourg including virtual reality and 3D simulation, game developers and creators and digital media content specialists.
Nima AZARMGIN (COO, ioTech Studios) President
Jeremy FLAMMANG (Web developer, Reborn) Secretary
Andrew Lockett (UX generalist, Tomia) Treasurer
Gira SZAKMÁR (CEO, EduGamiTec) member of the board
Javier Martinez Fabregas (Senior International expert on Institutional Communication) member
of the board