The Rotondes presented their new programming for the 2019/2020 season. The coming cultural year promises great discoveries whether for shows, concerts, exhibitions, markets or projects conducted in a participatory manner or in collaboration.
- From the end of September, the performing arts open the ball and count no less than 33 shows to discover. Among these, "Frankenstein" (October 11) of the Belgian company Karyatids, we had seen last year with their creation "Carmen". It is therefore to a new great classic that the company attacks in a theater of objects that questions human limits.
- A little later, on November 22nd, "Dark Room" seems to be the must-see show of autumn. This proposal combining visual theater, puppets and video is inspired by Sara Stridsberg's books on the life of feminist writer Valerie Solanas.
- Small change for the Chrëschtdeeg, which will now be held only at Rotunda (so without the Grand Theater). This will be the opportunity to discover Betsy Dentzer's "Zwee Ënnerwee", "Real women would run in rainproof gear" - which will take place in a place still held secret - or the show "Rita" for the whole family.
- There will also be unusual shows for the Rotondes: as part of the highlight "Copy / Paste", the show "True Copy" (March 4 and 6, 2020) is a documentary theater about the world of art ; "Piano on the wire" (March 27th and 28th) is a circus show presented as part of the Pianos Days and which will feature unexpected apparatus: the piano and, for once, a real marquee will be mounted on the forecourt for welcome the show "Selected Family".
- In regular meetings we like to meet, there will be again this season the Fabula Rasa festival (22/01 to 2/02) around the contemporary story, the Pic Electro Nic (19 and 20 October), and the Marionettefestival (30/05 to 1/06) in Tadler.
On the walls
On the exhibition side, there will also be several highlights. Even more than usual, programming is dedicated to creation in all its forms.
- This is manifested by the organization of LEAP (Luxembourg Encouragement for Artists Prize) whose proclamation of the winner is expected on March 26.
- A new edition of the "Triennale Jeune Création" (26/06 to 30/08) which is organized in collaboration with Casino Luxembourg and under the curatorial of Kevin Muhlen
- The exhibition "Triennials" (14/02 to 08/03) will reveal the recent work of the artists who participated in previous Triennial editions.
In the ears
- The strong event on the music scene is during the canceled holidays which begin on July 26th. In total, more than 47 groups and performers will perform at the Rotundas for a festival that is experiencing year after year a growing success (more than 8,000 people in 2018).
- In the headliners or concerts that are worth seeing, let's mention: Son Lux, Bodega, Julia Jacklin, Foxwarren, Chloe, MadMadMad, Daughters or Hotel Lux. The rest of the 19/20 programming will be announced soon.