The Luxembourg Creative Industries Cluster brings together interconnected players from different disciplines in order to increase their visibility and enhance their innovation and business potential.
In 2022, Esch-sur-Alzette, together with the 10 other municipalities of the Prosud alliance, as well as the 8 French bordertowns of the « Communauté de Communes Pays Haut Val de l'Alzette (CCPHVA) », will host the European Capital of Culture. This label is attested each year to another city or a territory of the European Union. Esch-sur-Alzette will share this title with Kaunas, the second city in Lithuania, which will be Esch2022's partner city.
The initiative of the European Capitals of Culture aims to:
- highlight the richness and diversity of European cultures,
- celebrate the cultural links between Europeans and strengthen the sense of belonging of European citizens to a common cultural area,
- to promote the contribution of culture to the development of cities,
- regenerate cities and strengthen the international influence of cities,
- improve the image of cities in the eyes of their own inhabitants,
- to breathe new life into the culture of a city,
- stimulate tourism.
In accordance with our leitmotiv "Remix Culture" participants are invited to submit their projects fitting one or several of the four sub-headings : "Remix Art", "Remix Europe", "Remix Nature" or "Remix Yourself". Our open call for projects ends on the 31st of December 2019.
Besides promoting this major event, the non-profit association also aims to create synergies, ensure sustainable development and engage the public to participate actively.
Luxembourg has already been hosting the Capital of Culture in 1995 and 2007 (together with the Greater Region).
We are eager to read your project proposals and would like to thank you for your participation.