THE INTERNATIONAL FINE CRAFT AND CREATION EVENT
Révélations casts a new gaze on creation. The biennial places the creator at the heart of the event and invites the world's fine craft and contemporary creation to engage in dialogue.
Initiated by Ateliers d'Art de France since 2013, Révélations is the international fine craft and creation appointment not to be missed. The biennial reunites a constantly increasing and prestigious audience: general public, amateurs and collectors, architects, decorators, gallery owners, purchasing offices, but also artistic directors and luxury goods houses.
Among exhibitors, 16 countries are represented by 400 creators, artists of matter, artwork manufactures, galleries, houses of excellence, foundations and institutions. Together, they will unveil the great wealth and vitality of contemporary fine craft from across the globe. In 2017, 40 268 visitors were welcomed at the Grand Palais.
The 4thedition of the biennial will take place from 23rd to 26th May 2019 at the Grand Palais in Paris and will, once more, promote the exceptional values that are propitious to the cultural influence of our creative trades.
RÉVÉLATIONS 2017 IN FIGURES
- 3rd edition of the biennial
- 40,268 visitors, 30% of whom were professionals
- 6 days of effervescence and exchange
- 607 attending journalists
- 413 press publications including 105 in the international press
- 300m² extra exhibition space
An assertedly international dimension:
- Chile, guest of honour
- 16 countries represented by creators from across the globe
- Of which 11 countries attended the international Banquet exhibition: Germany, Belgium, Chile, China, South Korea, France, Luxembourg, Russia, Senegal, Switzerland and Togo.
A plentiful programme:
- 14 conferences by experts from the sector
- 15 films screenings
- 32 educational workshops attended by 180 children
- 600 students from 15 different schools visited the biennial
- 1 fine craft symposium on the theme'The challenges facing French creation and its international exposure, via Révélations and international dialogue'
- 1 Off-site programme for visitors to prolong their Révélations experience in different emblematic sites across the French capital
Révélations is where contemporary creation can meet with its market.
The biennial's singularity: general public, collectors, architects, decorators, gallery owners, purchasing offices and artistic directors all come to engage in quality dialogue with creators.
The resulting synergy enables all participants to buy and sell works, to develop projects and to seal new business relations whilst safeguarding existing clients.
Révélations' ambition is to act as a powerful laboratory propitious to debate and reflection. The biennial has asserted its role as a facilitator of encounters and exchange on the issues and changes facing the world of creation.
- THE INTERNATIONAL EXHIBITION LE BANQUET: homage to the diversity and the dialogue between cultures, praise to the universality of creative trades.
- THE SYMPOSIUM: international encounter of global players of the sector. Political and institutional figures, experts and professionals, pave the way for future developments likely to help build the sector’s future.
- CONFERENCES: a cycle of conferences with the participation of French and international experts. These encounters spur exchange with the public on the essential challenges facing fine craft and creative trades.
- FILMS: a selection of films from the International Film Festival for Fine Crafts illustrating the beauty of the manual skills of fine craft creators.
- CHILDREN WORKSHOPS AND GUIDED VISITS: offering a behind-the-scenes look at creation.
- THE OFF-SITE PROGRAMME: a journey through Paris, unveiling prestigious sites and original know-how.
Download the Revelations brochure here.
Photo credit: © Photoproevent / Original creations by Lin Yusi, Paola Moreno