Would you like to be part of the leading independent media company in Luxembourg?
Would you like to work for the premier all-English digital and print media for Luxembourg’s international community?
Do you have a strong interest in current affairs, business and economy?
If all your answers are “yes”, then Maison Moderne is recruiting an experienced journalist in order to expand the current Delano team and develop the Delano brand.
Here’s what they expect:
- As a journalist you will write quality, original content in English for Delano’s monthly magazine and its website;
- You will also contribute to our popular twice-daily newsletter, which currently has over 14,000 subscribers;
- You will research and develop content that matches the specific requirements of Maison Moderne’s online and print communication channels;
- You will also engage in social media management and monitor its performance.
- You hold university level qualifications, ideally in journalism or communication, and already have several years of experience working as a journalist;
- You are a superb journalist with a proven ability to conduct research, write and edit. You also have a solid understanding of digital communication and social media;
- You are open-minded regarding technology and cross-platform journalism (print, digital, audio, video, social, and live events).
- You are dynamic, always positive and you are able to propose creative and fresh ideas for new content. You are also keen to innovate and to improve the media brand;
- You have experience and/or interest in teamwork and team management, you love to boost your team and help them to give the best of themselves;
- You are able to adapt your writing style to suit specific sectors and different communication channels;
- You are well rounded with in depth knowledge of media;
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills, can work independently, and are highly organised;
- You speak and write English perfectly. Knowledge of French and/or German and/or Luxembourgish would be a strong asset.
- Experience and/or interest in public speaking and feeling comfortable doing interviews for live broadcast via our media channels would be an advantage.
- Potential for leadership capacities would also be a plus
- A company with strong branding and an excellent reputation for credibility and innovation, firmly established in the economic fabric of Luxembourg and the Greater Region;
- A dynamic environment, a committed team and a positive working atmosphere;
- A permanent full-time contract;
- Start date to be agreed.
If you think you are the right person for this job, please send your application here: CV, cover letter and a portfolio.