Contest now open for submissions
The selection process is complete! After the citizens of Differdange submitted over 30 places in the city where they could imagine artistic interventions, five have now been selected.
The call for artistic interventions is now officially OPEN. Artists, architects and creative citizens from all over the EU are invited to submit ideas that will give a new community quality to the selected sites and involve the citizens of Differdange in the design process.
Curious about the locations? These include: two city squares, the front yard of an industrial heritage building, a historic city washhouse, and a park. The individual briefings for each of the five locations can be found on the contest page.
Here’s a quick overview of the contest:
- Submissions should include a brief description and visualizations of your creative project.
- First prize is 1200 Euro, second and third prizes are 600 Euro each.
- Each location will have an allocated transformation budget of up to 15000 Euro.
- The deadline to submit your ideas is 19 September 2021.
- More information about the contest rules.
Help us make Differdange the theme of an emerging “Creative City” within Esch2022.
B.P. 12 L-4501 Differdange
DIFFMIX is a project co-financed by the Esch2022 European Capital of Culture and the City of Differdange with the creation of artistic interventions in the public space transforming them to community spaces with the participation of the residents. “Diff” is for “difference” and for “diffussion” of space, art and people and “Mix” is for the mixture of the needs of the inhabitants with the possibilities of art creations.